Windows is the most used operating system in the world right now and it is very popular due to its simple User Interface and ease of access. But like any other OS or software it also has its list of errors which keeps prompting while you are using windows. One of the most common error is This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine. This error appears specifically in the systems which are having Windows 7. Every time you turn on your PC, this error pops up and it becomes very irritating experience for the Windows users.
Here at ITrickBuzz, we are going to provide all possible fixes for this error so you can be able to remove this error from your PC and have smooth experience with your Computer.
Some people are seen reporting this error as:
- Fix Windows is not genuine.
- Windows 7 not genuine fix.
- Windows not genuine fix.
- This copy of windows is not genuine build 7601
- Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine.
- This copy of windows is not genuine 7601.
- Copy of windows is not genuine.
- This Computer is not Running Genuine Windows.
- Windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine.
- This Copy of Windows is not Genuine 7600.
So first we’ll give some insights about this error, why your computer is giving this error and why you should get rid of this error as soon as possible.
The main reason behind this is the very obvious one. You are not using the genuine copy of windows bought from Microsoft, you are using pirated copy of the windows and that’s why your PC keeps telling you that This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine as your PC has detected pirated copy of windows.
One more reason for getting this error may be that you are using outdated operating system and it may have caused some misconfiguration in your system.
Now that you know why this error occurs then it is also necessary to know that Why You Should Get Rid of This Error?.
- It is very frustrating for the PC users to see this error popping up time and again which will hamper your productivity.
- This error may have negative effect on your Laptop’s battery life.
- It might not be possible to use some features in windows due to this error as Windows may restrict some functionalities.
- You will be stuck with the black desktop background. You can try to change the background but it will get reset to the black background.
- It may cause a drop in your computer’s performance and speed.
Now you know why it is necessary to remove this error from your computer let’s head over to the solutions we can apply to solve this error.
How To Fix This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error:
I am going to mention all the possible solutions to solve this error. Be sure to read all the steps carefully apply these in your system.
Fix 1 : Uninstall KB971033 Update (Windows Not Genuine Fix)
If you are still getting this error then it is possible that your Windows has some updated file which is able to detect your Windows as not genuine or fake one. So first thing we should do is to uninstall that updated file which is causing this error by detecting your Windows OS as not genuine.
To Uninstall KB971033 Update just follow these below mentioned simple steps:
- Open Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Click on View installed updates.
- Search for KB971033 Update (Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971033)).
- Right Click on it and Uninstall.
- Once the KB971033 Update is uninstalled, Restart your PC.
It must resolve Windows Not Genuine Error is your PC.
But if it is still not gone then you can follow other fixes mentioned below.
Checkout : How To Fix Error 651 In Windows 7
Fix 2 : Using Command Prompt (Windows 7 Not Genuine Fix)
We all know how useful a tool command prompt is. You can play many tricks using command prompts and it is very helpful in solving various windows errors.
Also See : 15 Command Prompt Tricks You Might Not Know
- Open command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Write SLMGR -REARM and press Enter.
- You’ll get message about restarting your computer after successful execution of this command.
- If SLMGR -REARM didn’t work for you then you should try SLMGR /REARM.
- Restart your computer to remove windows 7 not genuine error from your PC.
After restarting your PC this error must disappear.
Some users have faced these below mentioned errors also after running this command. So if you are also getting these errors then you can solve these also by following these steps.
If you are getting ‘The maximum allowed the number of rearms has been exceeded’ after entering the command, then follow these steps to solve it easily:
- Open Run Command by Pressing Windows + R.
- Type regedit.exe in run command and click OK to get to Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> WindowsNT -> Current version -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
- Now look for SkipRearm and modify its value from 0 to 1.
- Restart your PC to get rid of this error.
The other error is ‘slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command’.
To fix this just navigate to C:\Windows\System32 in your PC and search for slmgr.vbs.REMOVEWAT (there may be other extensions also for slmgr.vbs). Rename this file to slmgr.vbs.
After renaming this file Apply Fix 2 Again and you will be able to get rid of Windows Not Genuine Error.
Fix 3 : Disable Windows Auto Updates (Windows Is Not Genuine Fix)
As your System is detecting your windows OS as not genuine so you should not get the Windows Updates Also. By default Windows get auto updated whenever some update is released by Microsoft. So you should change this auto update setting and turn off updates.
- Just navigate to Control Panel > Windows Update
- Click on Change Settings.
- By default Install updates automatically (recommended) option is selected. Change that to Never check for updates (not recommended) option.
Now your windows will not get auto updated.
So we hope that you are able to know how to make windows 7 genuine after reading this post and able to fix windows 7 not genuine error. We will keep updating this post with more solutions to fix This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine Error.